Supporting a mom and dad through the amazing birth process while offering knowledge, encouragement and pain relief techniques is exactly what I provide. I can help you with a birth plan and we can talk about the birth experience you are hoping to have. I’m trained through the Midwife’s College of Utah. If I can assist you or answer any of your questions, please feel free to contact me for an interview. Or you can check out the packages below.
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves”. It is also used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period. Studies have shown that when doulas attends a birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
• Serving Northern Utah •
Prenatal and Birth Package
Prenatal and Birth Package
Outside of Weber County
Postpartum Care Package
Up to 3 Hours
- 3 in home visits. 2 are prenatal and 1 is postpartum.
- On call 24 hours a day the last 2 weeks of your pregnancy.
- Unlimited access to me over the phone to answer questions.
- In attendance for labor, birth, and the immediate postpartum period.
- Provide continuous physical, emotional, and informational support.
- Can assist with breastfeeding if desired.
- Goal is for a safe birth that you love.
- Un-medicated, Medicated, Cesarean or VBAC, I can help!
- Birth Plan assistance.
- I attend home birth’s that are overseen by a medical provider
- Provide informational, physical and emotional support.
- Help around the house by cleaning, preparing meals, and filling in when mom or partner needs a break.
- Encourage mom during those times when she might be feeling overwhelmed, or discouraged.
- Keeps an eye out for baby blue’s and beyond.
- Educate as needed about promoting healthy healing and ways to cope.
- Breastfeeding assistance and if needed referrals.
- Helps educate family about newborn care and soothing techniques.
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
- Are NOT medical professionals
- Do not replace primary care providers
- Do not perform clinical tasks such as vaginal exams or fetal heart monitoring
- Do not give medical advice or diagnoses
- Do not replace or take over the role of husband or partner
- Do not deliver the baby
- Do not change shifts
- Do not leave mother’s side
- Will never speak on the mother’s behalf
- Do not push own desires onto mother or her partner
It started in an Alaskan village nine miles above the Arctic Circle. I fell in love twice. During the summer 1983 I became an Emergency Medical Technician. Being and EMT allowed me the opportunities to fly with a nurse to smaller villages when medical care was needed. On one occasion we flew to a neighboring village to deliver a baby. From that moment I have been in love with the whole process of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and postpartum recovery. I also married the love of my life that summer and couldn’t wait to start our family. Since then I have given birth to 5 sons and 1 daughter.
My Family ↓
In the 90’s I had not heard of the the word “Doula”, but something inside me knew that women needed support and encouragement during this special time. Whether it was by natural birth, epidural or a c-section, I wanted to make a difference and support the mother and the father through their experience. I have had the pleasure of being at numerous hospital births and home-births while living in Ireland and the US.
I am also knowledgeable in essential oils and nutrition. I am a DONA trained Doula. I look forward to becoming a childbirth educator and offering childbirth classes. I am planning on furthering my education and will continue a rewarding life of serving families.
Our family stays pretty active. My husband and sons are runners, rock climbers, hikers and swimmers. My daughter loves music, singing and the beautiful outdoors. I love walking, hiking and camping but not to the extreme standards of my husband and sons. I also love old homes and home decor. While living in Ireland I obtained a certificate in Interior Design.
dōTERRA® Essential Oils
After learning the benefits of essential oil and the positive impact it has had on my health, I became a distributor of dōTERRA essential oils and have never looked back. I use them daily and am so thankful to have healthy options for fighting off viruses, killing bacteria and simple antibiotic solutions. These oils are pure in their concentration and tested by scientist before ever reaching me.
During pregnancy, labor, birth and even the postpartum period, essential oils can be very beneficial. They serve as a physical, emotional, and mental support. There have been many studies as to how these oils to support the body.
In 1994, after having my 5th baby, my body was tired, depleted and run down. I felt as if I could barely make it through the day. I had very little energy and felt depressed because of the fatigue. I shared the way I was feeling with a very dear friend; she told me how she could help by suggesting some products that were tested several time by scientist for their quality and their nutritional value. They changed my life and gave me energy and helped with the depressed way I was feeling.
Later, we moved to Ireland for 10 years and I discontinued the use of these products. My body paid the price as I became deficient in many areas which caused adrenal fatigue, low thyroid and hormone disorders.
Finally back in the United states, I started using these products again and have my life back. I can’t begin to tell you how much more energy I have and motivation. If you would like any information on these products, please don’t hesitate to ask.
It is my mission to share what I have learned about health and nutrition with women of all ages. So much of the processed food we eat today has very little nutrition. Our bodies are depleted and our health is being jeopardized. Maintain optimal health by eating nutritious food and by taking healthy, scientifically backed supplements. Not all supplements are the same.
Get in touch
Feel free to email me or give me a call.